Nikwax Tech Wash 300ML
Nikwax Tech Wash is a wash-in cleaner for waterproof clothing . It safely revitalises breathability and water-repellency.
This product is a non-detergent soap which can be used regularly to clean waterproof clothing and equipment without damaging the Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coatings.
Use this product instead of detergents or washing powder.
Benefits of using this product:
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
- Maintains breathability
- Maintains original water-repellency
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles
- Lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage ‘wetting-out’
- Removes detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- Waterbased, environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- All clothing including high activity / technically advanced garments
- Ideal cleaner to clean nylon and synthetic tents, rucksacks, awnings, marquees, fabric accessories and camera bags, etc
When to use this product:
Clean items with Nikwax Tech Wash before proofing them with the appropriate Nikwax proofer. You should be able to wash reproofed gear 6 to 8 times with Nikwax Tech Wash before it requires reproofing with the appropriate Nikwax proofer
How to apply:
Use neat Tech Wash and a sponge or soft nylon brush to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place item(s) in washing machine (maximum 2 items).
3. Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items.
4. Wash according to care label.
Hand Wash (use gloves)
1. Immerse item(s) in hand-hot water in sink or bowl.
2. Use 150ml in medium/hard water* areas and 100ml in soft water areas for 1-2 items.
3. Rinse 3 times in clean water.
Air dry or tumble dry on a low setting if care label allows.
* If your kettle furs up you have hard water. For extreme hard water use 200ml.
To waterproof breathable clothing use Nikwax® TX.Direct® and for equipment use Nikwax® Tent & Gear Proof. Use Nikwax® Cotton Proof for cotton, polycotton and canvas. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing